Thursday, August 13, 2009

Could I be any boring-er?


It’s funny, the minute I started a blog I no longer had anything to say.

What, you say? You want to hear about the minutiae of my everyday life? It’s the only part of your day you look forward to? Why, you poor thing, of course I’ll oblige.


Well, let’s see. Today’s exciting events include my daughter Audrey deciding to dump out two boxes of cereal, a box of crackers, a bag of pistachio nuts and a box of dishwasher detergent all over the kitchen floor. Oh, and then she broke a glass into smithereens on top of the pile and also poured a glass of water over everything. Because what else was she supposed to do with her day? She needs a little excitement too, people.

It took a while for me to build up the where-with-all to clean it up.


I also vacuumed the rug three times, because the carpet goes from being clean to looking like someone dumped out a gallon of lint and crumbs onto it in about 4 seconds flat. So there was that....hmmm, what else, what else.....


There are twelve loads of laundry sitting in my living room, staring at me-- but I stare back in defiance.


So there you are, my poor little readers. A little tidbit to make you feel better about your own spic and span floors and folded laundry.


Sigh.


No comments: